CEASe Monthly Meetings
CEASe meets the first Thursday of every month from 11:45AM to 1:00PM in the Scott Memorial Hospital conference room. Contact Coordinator Lori Croasdell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-820-0620 for more information.
Drug Free Communities Support Program
The Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Support Program is a federal grant through the Office of National Drug Control Policy and SAMHSA. The DFC grant for Scott County was secured in October of 2016. The funding is to provide support, guidance and facilitation of the Strategic Prevention Framework model within the CEASe coalition.
DFC Year 1 Accomplishments
- Evidence-based Prevention Curricula taught in all public schools impacting grades 3-12
- New Alternative Youth Activities in heart of Austin’s highest substance misuse area – Weekly youth mentoring & activities with transportation provided
- 50 Medical, Dental & Law Enforcement professionals trained in INSPECT—Indiana’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) from 2015 to 2018
- 898,633 community-wide prevention education campaign reaches (radio, print, email, and social media)
- New Student Drug Screening Policy implemented in both County high schools
- Scott County 9th Graders self-reported use within the last 30 days dropped
- Data from the Indiana Youth Survey administered annually to 6th through 12th graders by the Indiana Prevention Resource Center